J K Diamonds Institute of Gems & Jewelry organized a study tour for its students to Thailand, known for its gem manufacturing and jewelry manufacturing specialty and exporting the same worldwide. The visit included two of the biggest center in Thailand: Chanthaburi and Bangkok.
Bangkok is the center for trade of gems, diamonds as well as jewelry manufacturing. Several international companies have set up a base in Bangkok for trade and exports. The visit included:
- Thai Gems & Jewelry Traders Association: A Conference was organized for the students with Mr/ Somchai Phornchidarak, President of the Association.
- Convocation: A convocation was organized for the students of J K Diamonds Institute of Gems & Jewelry as the students were awarded their course certificates from Mr. Somchai Phornchidarak
- Jewelry Trade Centre: A 57 storeyed tower with 300 retailers and 1500 wholesalers.
- Visiting JK Alumni – Students also visited offices of JK Alumni, Ronak Jhaveri, Owner of Thai Gem & Diamond Ltd. and Namrata Gupta, Co-owner of KC Gems House Co. Ltd.
- Manibhadra Diamond Co. Ltd – Where the owner, Abhilesh Jain showed the students various stocks of diamonds.
- Gemopolis – A free trade zone with 145 factories including several international brands such as Pandora’s factories housing over 6,000 employees.
- Conference with Gemopolis team to understand how to set up a factory in Gemopolis and duty-free services offered to international companies.