J K Diamonds Institute of Gems & Jewelry organized a study tour for its students to Thailand, known for its gem manufacturing and jewelry manufacturing specialty and exporting the same worldwide. The visit included two of the biggest center in Thailand: Chanthaburi and Bangkok.
Chanthaburi the world’s biggest market for gemstones. The study tour at Chanthaburi included the following visits:
- Chanthaburi Convention Center (Headquarters of Chanthaburi Gem and Jewelry Trader’s Association) – Meeting me Mr. Wasuwat Chaiyakul, Vice President.
- Chanthaburi Museum
- Cutting and Polishing Factory of Ideal Gems
- Meeting with Phuket Khunaprapakorn, President of Chanthaburi Gem & Jewelry Traders Association
- Bang Khacha Mines – Sapphires, rubies, garnets are found here.
- Heat Treatment factory for Gemstones
- Talad Ploy Gem Market – The oldest gems market in the world. Several students also bought gemstones from here receiving practical market purchasing exposure.